If you have an American Express Membership RewardÂ or Chase Ultimate Reward point-earning credit card, you might be in luck! Just in time for Amazon Early Access Sale, you can save up to 50% off your purchase, just by using a single credit card point. While these offers are targeted, if you happen to be eligible thing can bring your savings down even more.
With any of these offers, all you have to do is use just 1 point towards your purchase and you’ll immediately see the savings apply during checkout. With all the offers, only items sold and shipped by Amazon will qualify for the discount.
Save up to $60 with Membership Reward points
You can receive eitherÂ up to 50% off your next purchase, with the max being $60. Unfortunately, I am only eligible for the 10% offer â€” up to $10 â€”Â but other offers include 20%, 30%, 40% and even 50% off.Â Your particular offer will let you know your savings, but the percentage will come off every purchase you make â€” up to the cap stated â€” through Dec. 26, 2022. You can check your offer here.
Unfortunately though, if you are not eligible, you will instead receive the dreaded â€œSorry, youâ€™re not eligible for this offer right nowâ€ message.
Save up to 40% with Chase Ultimate Reward points
Similar to the above American Express promotion, Chase Ultimate Reward cardholders can receive a 40% savings, up to a $20 savings. Others might receive a 30% discount with a meager $10 savings, or you might receive the dreadful “you are not eligible” message. You can check your offer here.
Again, you only need to use a single point to receive the discount.
Savings with the promotion
If you are targeted for the 50% discount, this could be a substantial savings. For example, this would bring the Apple AirPods Pro 2 down to just $163 (originally $249, down to $223 with Amazon Early Access Sale, then an additional $60 off by using a single point.
Or if you are in the market for a brand new Fire tablet, the Fire HD 10 tablet is currently 50% off with Prime Access â€” down to $74.99 from $149.99. Take another 50% off your purchase, you can snag this item for ultimately as low as $38!Â
Steps to save money with Amazon
- If you havenâ€™t already linked your American Express card or Chase card to your Amazon account, you can do that here for American Express and here for Chase. (TIP:Â If you are not targeted for this offer, unlink your card and relink to see if that triggers the promotion).
- Activate the offer in your Amazon account: Activate Amex offer; Activate Chase offer
- Shop atÂ Amazon.comÂ to receive your savings. Note: All products must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
- On the payment page, select your linked Membership Rewards or Ultimate Rewards earning credit card. At the bottom of the payment page youâ€™ll see all your linked accounts where you can use points (Chase and Amex). Select your credit card account and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!Â Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the checkout page, youâ€™ll see the 1 point applied and the additional savings. No promotion code needed!
These are some great ways to save even more money at Amazon. Since this promotion does not require a coupon code, you are also able to combine it with any codes that surface. You can also stack your savings with any additional money-saving offers, such asÂ up to 40% off books,Â $10 off a $25 office supplies purchaseÂ or any of their otherÂ daily deals.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.