Three weeks from today marks one of my favorite holidays – Black Friday! Over the next three weeks, and then into Cyber Monday, I’ll be compiling a bunch of shopping and travel deals for you. You’ll notice that I added a “Black Friday” tab this site so you’ll be able to quickly find all of my favorite limited time deals in one compiled place. So if you are a deal hunter, make sure to check out this tab often! You’ll find anything from travel deals to brick general merchant deals (Amazon is very popular leading up to and throughout Black Friday/Cyber Monday).
Here are some deals that were available from last year:
- Cyber Monday Travel Deals: There were many travel deals throughout Cyber Monday and while some were only available for that day, others allowed you a few days to grab the deal. There were airline, hotel, and train deals which offered anything from discounted points to book a free flight to bonuses on purchasing points to discounts at hotels, and everything in between! I am sure we will see a ton of deals this year again!
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday Hotel Deals: Many hotels were offering Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Typically these are not chain-wide but at very specific hotels. I’ve already started to receive a few deals, so hopefully this year will be good as well!
- Roundup of Amazon Cyber Mondays Deals: Like always, Amazon offered some pretty great discounts on Cyber Monday. While some deals were available throughout the day, others were only available for a limited time through their flash sale. I am hoping for another great Cyber Monday with Amazon!
- Roundup of Amazon Black Friday Deals: Amazon offered a ton of Black Friday deals, although many deals did start early! Some deals even 3 weeks early! Definitely start looking for the Black Friday deals starting soon. I’ll be sure to write about them as soon as they appear as well. We will definitely see a huge push for Black Friday deals with Amazon again this year!
- Amazon Warehouse Sale: Amazon offered 20% off all items in their warehouse. This was a pre-Black Friday offer and offered some amazing deals! I am looking forward to a similar promotion, fingers crossed!
- 15 Different IHG Deals: InterContinental Hotels Group offered “Cyber Monday Week” where they launched 15 different promotions! Promotions included anything from purchasing points with a 100% bonus, discount on cash + point reservations, discount at various hotels throughout the world, discounts at The Palazzo and The Venetian, bonus points for staying at IHG hotels, discount on InterContinental Ambassador Membership, etc. I can definitely foresee IHG offering some pretty awesome offers again this year, especially since some of these promotions are available throughout the year anyways!
- Wyndham Hotels Black Friday Deal: Wyndham offered discounts on stays of 2+ nights. None of them were that great and many times matched AAA rate. But you never know when a good deal for your specific hotel will pop up! I am sure Wyndham will do something again this year as they’ve been doing a huge push recently with promotions and deals!
- Free Hotel from British Airways: British Airways ran a pretty unique offer where if you booked a flight with them, they’d give you a free hotel room. No idea if we will see this promotion again this year, but it would be nice!
- Delta’s Discounted Award Tickets: Delta discounted many routes to just 5,000 miles one way during Black Friday! I know many people took advantage and I’d love to see this promotion again this year!
- Hyatt Black Friday Deals: Hyatt started early with their Black Friday announcement and offered 25% off hotels booked through Cyber Monday. I know some people were able to score some discounted reservations, but the sale was limited to just the U.S. and Latin America. Hopefully we will see another offer soon, but it will include all hotels in the Hyatt portfolio.
- Starwood Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals: Starwood also announced their deals a few weeks early and offered up to 35% off stays. While Starwood advertised it as the biggest sale of the year, many rates were comparable to AAA rates. I am sure we will see a similar sale again this year, but hopefully it will really be a “big” sale.
- Expedia Hotels Cyber Monday: Expedia offered 90% off select hotels! Unfortunately though the participating hotels were limited, but I am sure worked for some folks! Hopefully we will see another similar promotion again this year!
- Virgin America Cyber Monday: Virgin America offered a limited time flash sale with 30% off on Cyber Monday. Fingers crossed for another sale from them.
- Club Carlson Cyber Monday: Club Carlson offered 15% off 1 night stays and 30% off stays of 2+ nights. A decent promotion for those that were looking to book a stay with Club Carlson anyways. I assume we’ll see a similar deal this year again.
- Marriott Cyber Monday Sale: Marriott had some hotel rates discounted as low as $79/date. Although it really was a “starting at” price. I personally didn’t find anything worthwhile when I looked last year since prices were similar to AAA rate, but you never know. Marriott will definitely do something again this year.
- Amtrak Cyber Monday Sale: Amtrak offered 30% off all routes, which was great for those looking to take Amtrak! Hopefully something similar will appear this year as well.
I’ll be posting some great tips as well on how to to maximize your points and save money with all your holiday and travel purchases.
Let the count down begin!