Last year, Hyatt announced the acquisition of Two Roads Hospitality which includes four different brands. Thompson Hotels, Joie de Vivre Hotels and Alila properties have already been added which leaves just the Destination Hotels brand. I am personally the most excited about the Destination Hotels brand and am thrilled to see that they will start to be integrated in to the World of Hyatt program starting Aug. 20, 2019.
8 New Properties Being Added:
While there are many Destination Hotel properties, at this time we have only been made aware of 8 properties that will be added to the World of Hyatt portfolio. Hopefully within the next month we will be notified of more additions, but I am assuming not all properties will move over to Hyatt. We also do not yet know which award category each property will fall into. For now, here is what we know:
Being Added August 20, 2019:
- Quirk Hotel – Richmond, Virginia
- Motif Seattle – Seattle, Washington
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel & Conference Center – Tempe, Arizona
- The Carolina Inn – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Being Added August 21, 2019:
- The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch – Scottsdale, Arizona
- Rizzo Center – Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Being Added September 10, 2019:
- The Elms Hotel & Spa – Excelsior Springs, Missouri
- Hotel De Anza – San Jose, California
New Properties, New Promotions
Hyatt is also offering members an opportunity to earn bonus points by staying at not only one of the Destination Hotel properties mentioned above, but any of the four Two Road Hospitality properties. You’ll earn 2,000 bonus points during your first qualifying stay at each of the new brands, up to 8,000 bonus points. Additionally, if you are able to stay at one property within each of the four brands, you’ll earn a free night stay (category 1-4 hotel).
On top of the bonus points on your first stay, those who pay with their Hyatt credit card will earn additional bonus points. At any of the these four brands, you’ll earn:
- New World of Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 4x Bonus Points (that is a total of 13x points + any bonus points for those with status)
- Old Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 3x Bonus Points
This is a great addition to the Hyatt brand. I really am excited to see the rest of the Destination Hotel properties added as there are some that definitely on my list to visit.
Which properties are you looking forward to?