Hyatt just announced a new way to both earn and redeem Hyatt points outside of actually staying at Hyatt hotels. They are rolling out something called “FIND” (I am definitely not a fan of the name!), where you’ll be able to earn and redeem points at over 100 unique experiences focused on enhancing the mind, body, and spirit.
Right now these FIND experiences will be available in the US and select international markets (not currently available in Europe). Some cities were you’ll be able to embark on these experiences include: Chicago, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami, New York, Sydney, India, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Some Experiences Include…
- Create Your Own Herbal and Organic Beauty Products — San Francisco
- Insiders Tour of the Chicago Farmers Markets Classic Experience with Aram Reed — Chicago
- Join the Founders of Goat Yoga Las Vegas for a Private Feeding and Yoga Session with Baby Goats — Las Vegas
- Paragliding Tandem Flight Experience — Los Angeles
- Private Bonsai Class with New York City’s Premier Professional Bonsai Artist — New York
- Guided Hike Through Forever Wild Old Growth Forest Untouched by Man — Miami
- Masters of Food and Wine: Tastemakers Masterclass and Dinner — Sydney
- Calligraphy with Delhi Hero Qamar Dagar — Delhi
- A Taste of Buddhism — Siem Reap
- Where Culture Meets Cuisine, A Vietnamese Cooking Class — Saigon
Earning and Redeeming Points
While the number of points you’ll redeem varies depending on the actual experience, if you prefer to pay for the experience with cash, you’ll earn at a rate of 10 Hyatt points per dollar spent (which is actually really really good!).
I like that the hotel chains are now giving their members more options for redeeming their points and I am glad to see Hyatt jump on the bandwagon. Of course you typically get a better value for redeeming points at an actual Hyatt hotel, this is great for those who are looking for those “once in a lifetime” experiences that they might not pay for otherwise.