Starting tomorrow, you’ll be able to earn and redeem World of Hyatt points at Joie de Vivre Hotels. This is one of the Two Roads Hospitality brands that Hyatt acquired last year. These new Hyatt properties are in addition to the Thompson Hotels that were added back in March and coming later this year we will see Alila and Destination Hotels.
14 New Properties Added:
Within the Joie de Vivre Hotels brand, there are 14 total properties that will be added to the World of Hyatt portfolio. Unfortunately, Galleria Park Hotel, Hotel Vitale, Hotel Carlton and The Marker (all in San Francisco) are not joining the World of Hyatt program yet.
- Carmel Valley Ranch (Carmel, California) — category 6
- El Capital Hotel (Merced, California)
- Hotel Avante (Mountain View, California) — category 4
- Waterfront Hotel (Oakland, California) — category 4
- Hotel Del Sol (San Francisco, California) — category 4
- Hotel Kabuki (San Francisco, California) — category 5
- The Laurel Inn (San Francisco, California) — category 5
- Avatar Hotel (Santa Clara, California) — category 3
- Wild Palms Hotel (Sunnyvale, California) — category 3
- Hotel Lincoln (Chicago, Illinois) — category 3
- The Talbott Hotel (Chicago, Illinois) — category 3
- Hotel Revival (Baltimore, Maryland) — category 2
- Hotel 50 Bowery (New York City, New York) — category 6
- Park South Hotel (New York City, New York) — category 6
This is a great win overall. As you can see, many of these properties are pricing relatively low compared to other Hyatt’s in the area. For example, you can now use a category 1-4 free night certificate in San Francisco at the Hotel Avante. Up until this point, there were no categories pricing that low since the category changes.
I am glad to see more properties throughout California, Chicago and New York City. It is always good to have more options in popular destinations when you are looking to redeem your points!
New Properties, New Promotions
Hyatt is also offering members an opportunity to earn bonus points by staying at not only one of the 14 properties mentioned above, but any of the four Two Road Hospitality properties. You’ll earn 2,000 bonus points during your first qualifying stay at each of the new brands, up to 8,000 bonus points. Since there are only two brands that have been integrated thus far, you are currently capped at earning 4,000 points. Fortunately though, once the other two brands are part of the program, if you are able to stay at one property within each of the four brands, you’ll earn a free night stay (category 1-4 hotel).
On top of the bonus points on your first stay, those who pay with their Hyatt credit card will earn bonus points. At any of the Thompson Hotels or Joie de Vivre Hotels and you’ll earn:
- New World of Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 4x Bonus Points (that is a total of 13x points + any bonus points for those with status)
- Old Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 3x Bonus Points
This is a great addition to the Hyatt brand. I am personally awaiting the announcement of the Destination Hotels to be added to the Hyatt portfolio as they offer the most properties, so fingers crossed that will come soon!
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.