A few months ago, American Express and Delta partnered together and sent out some targeted promotions when flying Delta and using your registered Amex credit card to pay. One of the better promotions ends today, so make sure to check it out.
When you purchase a Delta or Delta Connection flight of $150 or more, you will receive a $50 American Express gift card. Now, there are a few stipulations to take advantage of this promotion:
- Must fly to/from a NYC airport, those include: LaGuardia (LGA), John. F. Kennedy (JFK), Newark (EWR), White Plains (HPN), and Newburgh (SFW).
- Must register for this promotion with an American Express credit card – register your card here.
- Book your flight by today October 15, 2012 (make sure to register first prior to purchasing the ticket)
- Must fly by October 31, 2012
- Minimum base fare must earn miles and be at least $150 for travel on a Delta flight, Delta Connection, or certain codeshare partners
- You will receive the one-time $50 American Express Gift card in the mail within 8-10 weeks of October 31, 2012.
Remember, this is a targeted offer and unfortunately not everyone will be able to register and take advantage. When I tried registering (with all my Amex cards) I received the unfortunate message “Sorry. Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only.”
For those that have multiple Amex cards, you are be able to register multiple cards and take advantage of this offer more than once. Even if you aren’t eligible, make sure to check out all of the other FREE MONEY deals, mostly with American Express promotions.