Marriott just launched a new Chase co-branded credit card — the Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card. This no annual fee credit card is a great way to up your Marriott account balance by another 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card — Earn 30,000 Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
While the benefits and earning potential aren’t as great as some of the other Marriott credit cards, for a no annual fee it is a decent card.
Marriott Bonvoy Bold Card Benefits
The card will earn you:
- 3x Bonvoy points per $1 spent at Marriott hotels
- 2x Bonvoy points per $1 spent on travel purchases
- 1x Bonvoy points per $1 spent on all other purchases
Similar to the other Marriott credit cards, you’ll receive 15 elite night credits each calendar year, giving you Silver status off the bat. Although, the real benefit that you’ll be missing out on is the annual free night certificate. In my opinion, the free night certificate pays for the annual fee (plus more), making the other Marriott credit cards more worthwhile. For many who let this certificate go to waste or are not able to get a great value out of them, this no annual fee card option might be better for you.
For me, the real benefit of this card is the welcome offer. I value it at about $500 which is a great offer for a no annual fee card. Although, I personally would opt for some of the Chase no annual fee cards, such as the Chase Ink Cash and Chase Ink Unlimited since they have the same 50,000 point offer, but have a higher valuation. Although they are business credit cards they also do not count towards your “5/24” count.
Unfortunately, this card is still limited due to Chase’s “5/24” rule as well as the restrictions if you have other Marriott co-branded credit cards. For example, you are not eligible for this card if you…
- Are a cardmember of the Marriott Bonvoy American Express® Card within the past 30 days
- Are a current cardmember or have received a cardmember bonus within the last 24 months with the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express® Card or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express
- Have been approved for the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express in the past 90 days
I always love seeing brand new credit cards being released. It gives people more options to increase their account balances when they are running low. The welcome bonus is definitely generous for a no annual fee card, but I personally like the benefits more with the other Marriott credit cards.