Now that we are moving from Summer to Fall, SmarterTravel has put together a list of their top 5 destinations offering the best bargains for the coming season. I checked them out and there are definitely some great deals out there!
- New York City – Stays from $95 and $139 per night at the Pod Hotel and Condor Hotel respectively; 2-for-1 Broadway and Off-Broadway tickets; and free entry to the 9/11 Memorial.
- Gunnison-Crested Butte – 20% off September stays at any Crested Butte Mountain Resort property, and numerous September Splendor in the Rockies activities, including concerts, harvest festivals, and art fairs.
- Iceland – Iceland Northern Lights and Glacier Walk package from $675 per person, including airfare (from Boston, New York, Seattle, or Washington, DC), 3 nights’ accommodations, a glacier-and-northern-lights tour, and a spa day-pass.
- San Diego – Air-and-hotel packages from $471 per person, discounts on dining during San Diego Restaurant Week, and free entry to the San Diego Film Festival.
- The Bahamas – Vision Airlines airfares from $39 each way, and CheapCaribbean.com air-and-hotel package from $369 per person, with four nights’ accommodations at the Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Tower.
Also, for the adventurous type, make sure to check LivingSocial’s weekly adventure activities. These discounted offers can be found in many cities throughout the US and a great way to find something to do when traveling, or just for some fun activity in your home city.
Please feel free to comment letting me know some great deals you have found as well! I personally know that this time of the year you can get some great deals vacationing in the Carribean’s ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao). Even though it is hurricane season, these islands are not really in the hurricane belt. This is considered a very off-peak time for the entire Carribean, so you are bound to find some great deals with the near promising weather.