This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Southwest will integrated 5 new city destinations and to celebrate they will be offering 1,000 bonus points for every one way flight when flying to/from:
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Flint, Michigan
- Portland, Maine
- Rochester, New York
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
Service to these destinations begin April 14, 2013 and the promotion is for all flights completed by August 1, 2013.
Like all other Southwest promotions, you must register PRIOR TO booking your flight. If an already purchased flight has not yet gone up in price, cancel your flight and rebook to be eligible for this promotion (you will need a new reservation number).
1,000 bonus points per one-way flight is HUGE, especially if you were able to snag a cheap fare. Due to the fixed cut and dry Southwest program, 1,000 points is equivalent to $16.66 towards your next “Wanna Getaway” flight. A roundtrip flight is worth $33.33. This is on top of the points you will earn anyways. You can also double dip with this promotion and the double points on all flights through May 14th promo
. For example, if you are able to find a $99 flight one-way, this will give you 594 + 594 (during the double points promo) + 1,000 = 2,188 points. This is equivalent to $36 towards a “Wanna Getaway” fare, which is more than 1/3 of the price paid for the ticket.
- Register between March 14, 2013 and August 1, 2013.
- Book a flight through Southwest Airlines® to any of the five new Southwest destinations (Charlotte, Flint, Portland (Maine), Rochester, and San Juan) between March 14, 2013 and August 1, 2013.
- Complete your flight between April 14, 2013 and August 1, 2013. (Southwest service to/from these cities begins April 14, 2013.)
- Reward flights are not eligible for this promotion
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.