This past summer, Amazon ran an awesome promotion where you’d receive $30 off a $60 purchase atÂ Amazon.comÂ by using your Membership Reward points. I assumed this offer was long dead, until a reader commented on a blog post yesterday saying they were still able to take advantage of the promotion! I then was finally able to pull up the promotion on one of my Amazon accounts â€” it is still very much alive! And a great opportunity to save on the many Amazon Black Friday deals!
This promotion is only for American Express Membership Rewards earning credit card members who were unfortunately targeted. This is an AMAZING deal since all you have to do is use just 1 Membership Reward point towards your purchase! You can check to see if you are eligibleÂ here. This is not a new promotion, however, so if you already received your discount in the past 6 or so months, you probably will not see the offer available on your Amazon account, but you might as well try!Â This promotion expiresÂ November 30, 2018.
Steps to take advantage:
- If you havenâ€™t already linked your American Express card to your Amazon account, you can do thatÂ here.
- Check to see if you are eligible for this offerÂ here. If so, make sure to click the â€œClick here to activateâ€ button.
- Shop atÂ Amazon.comÂ and add $60 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Many merchant gift cards work as well.
- On the payment page, select your linked Membership Rewards earning credit card. At the bottom of the payment page youâ€™ll see all your linked accounts where you can use points (Chase and Amex). Select your American Express Membership Rewards Points accountÂ and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied.Â For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point!Â Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the checkout page, youâ€™ll see the 1 point applied and the $30 taken off. No promotion code needed!
And since this promotion doesnâ€™t require a coupon code, you are able to combine it with any codes and Black Friday deals that you find!
Enjoy your discounted Amazon purchase!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.