Just a few minutes after the announcement of Vail Resorts closing their ski resorts, Alterra Mountain is following suit. Alterra Mountains, parent company of Ikon Pass, will be closing their resorts starting tomorrow, March 15th, indefinitely.
This includes many popular resorts, such as Squaw Valley, Mammoth Mountain, Big Bear, June Mountain, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Stratton, Snowshoe, Crystal Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Deer Valley Resort, Solitude Mountain Resort and Sugarbush Resort.
They have yet to mention what will happen to Ikon pass holders, but hopefully they will do something. They are also selling next year’s Ikon pass, which includes free skiing at many resorts for the rest of this season. My assumption is sales will definitely decline as one of the perks is to ski this year for free with next years pass.
I’ll be sure to update this post as information unravels around the Ikon Pass and Epic Pass.
#1 points and miles travel credit card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining
- When you redeem your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal, you’ll receive a 25% bonus when booking airfare, hotels, car rentals, and cruises
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash (over a $100 value). Must activate within your account by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022 — 3x points in addition to the 2x points you already earn on travel
- $95 annual fee
- Apply here