If you have an American Express Membership Reward earning card, you might be in luck! Amazon recently launched a promotion with its American Express partnership where you could save 50% off your Amazon purchase — up to $80 in savings. This promotion is currently set to go through the end of the year, but it’s the perfect time to double dip with the many Black Friday sales at Amazon.
Unfortunately though, this is a targeted offer, so you may or may not be eligible, and you might find your offer to be slightly different. I’m personally targeted for the 40% off discount, up to $60 savings, but hopefully you see an even greater offer in your account. You can check your specific promotion here.
All you have to do is use just 1 Membership Reward point towards your purchase and you’ll immediately see the savings apply during checkout. (Although some accounts might see that they have to use 714 points)
Save up to $80 with Membership Reward points
You can receive up to 50% off your next purchase(s) up to a certain threshold. Your particular offer will let you know your savings, but the percentage will come off every purchase you make, up to the cap stated, through Dec. 31, 2023.
Like all other Amazon and Amex Membership Reward joint-promotions, only items sold and shipped by Amazon will qualify for the discount.
Unfortunately though, if you are not eligible, you will instead receive the dreaded “Sorry, you’re not eligible for this offer right now” message.
Savings with the promotion
If you are targeted for the 50% discount, this would bring the brand new Fire HD10 Tablet down to just $40!
Steps to save money with Amazon
- If you haven’t already linked your American Express card to your Amazon account, you can do that here. (TIP: If you are not targeted for this offer, unlink your card and relink to see if that triggers the promotion).
- Activate the offer in your Amazon account
- Shop at Amazon.com to receive your savings. Note: All products must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
- On the payment page, select your linked Membership Rewards earning credit card. At the bottom of the payment page youâ€™ll see all your linked accounts where you can use points (Chase and Amex). Select your American Express Membership Rewards Points accountÂ and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point (or 714 points). Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the checkout page, you’ll see the 1 point applied and the additional savings. No promotion code needed!
These are always some ways to save even more money at Amazon. Since this promotion does not require a coupon code, you are also able to combine it with any codes that surface. You can also stack your savings with any additional money-saving offers, such as up to 40% off books, $10 off a $25 office supplies purchase or any of their other Amazon Black Friday deals.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.