This is a reminder that if you have yet to use this awesome Amazon and American Express partnership offer, you just have until the end of the month to use it. And best of all, it seems like even more people have been targeted — so if you weren’t eligible back in November, check again.
With this promotion, you could save anywhere between $20 to $60 on Amazon purchases — depending on your offer.
All you have to do is use just 1 Membership Reward point towards your purchase and you’ll immediately see the savings apply during checkout.
Save $20 to $60 with Membership Reward points
You can receive either 20% to 50% off your next purchase(s) up to a certain threshold. Your particular offer will let you know your savings, but the percentage will come off every purchase you make — up to the cap stated — through Dec. 31, 2020. Some offers I’ve seen include:
- 20% off your purchases, up to a $20 savings
- 30% off your purchases, up to a $30 savings
- 50% off your purchases, up to a $60 savings
Of course the $50% off, up to $60 savings, is the best offer, but even the lower offer is still a decent savings as well.
Like all other Amazon / Amex Membership Reward promotions, only items sold and shipped by Amazon will qualify for the discount. You’ll have to check here to see if you are eligible and activate the offer.
Unfortunately though, if you are not eligible, you will instead receive the dreaded “Sorry, you’re not eligible for this offer right now” message.
Steps to save money with Amazon
- If you haven’t already linked your American Express card to your Amazon account, you can do that here. (TIP: If you are not targeted for this offer, unlink your card and relink to see if that triggers the promotion).
- Activate the offer in your Amazon account
- Shop at Amazon.com to receive your savings. Note: All products must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
- On the payment page, select your linked Membership Rewards earning credit card. At the bottom of the payment page you’ll see all your linked accounts where you can use points (Chase and Amex). Select your American Express Membership Rewards Points account and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point! Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the checkout page, you’ll see the 1 point applied and the additional savings. No promotion code needed!
Combine with 8x Membership Reward points
In addition to the savings you’ll receive — if you are eligible — you can also earn 8x points on all purchases made with your American Express Membership Reward card. Right now there is an Amex Offer with this particular bonus, so make sure to add the offer to the Amex credit card that is tied to your Amazon account.
So let’s say you are targeted for the 20% discount, up to $20 in savings, and make a $100 purchase. Simply by using 1 Amex Membership Reward point your purchase price is down to $80. You’ll then earn 8x points on your purchase, giving you an extra 640 points. If you value your points at 2 cents apiece, this is worth $12.80. You can then ultimately think of your $100 purchase as costing just $67.20 — and even more savings if you are targeted for the higher offer.
These are always some ways to save even more money at Amazon. Since this promotion does not require a coupon code, you are also able to combine it with any codes that surface. You can also stack your savings with any additional money-saving offers, such as up to 40% off books, $10 off a $25 office supplies purchase or any of their other daily deals.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.