If you are into saving money at Amazon, here is anther discount for you: just link your American Express Membership Reward-earning credit card to your Amazon account and you could potentially save an easy $20. Like always, this is for targeted members, so you’ll have to check your account to see if you are eligible. There typically is no rhyme or reason on who is targeted or who is not, but sometimes if you unenroll and re-enroll your card, you might have better luck.
With this particular offer, you’ll save $20 off an $80 purchase — so up to a 25% discount. The only requirement is that you’ll need to apply at least 1 Membership Reward point towards your purchase. You can use this towards a discount on a third-party gift cards or combine with any Amazon’s daily deals, such as the current $5 off household supplies and $5 off school supplies promotion. This offer expires July 31, 2020.
Steps to save money with Amazon:
- If you haven’t already linked your American Express card to your Amazon account, you can do that here. (TIP: If you are not targeted for this offer, unlink your card and relink to see if that triggers the promotion).
- Activate the offer in your Amazon account
- Shop at Amazon.com to receive your $20 savings. Note: All products must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com.
- On the payment page, select your linked Membership Rewards earning credit card. At the bottom of the payment page you’ll see all your linked accounts where you can use points (Chase and Amex). Select your American Express Membership Rewards Points account and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point! Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the checkout page, you’ll see the 1 point applied and the $20 taken off. No promotion code needed!
Even more Amazon savings
Now, if you are not eligible for this offer, there is another American Express Membership Rewards offer that you might be eligible for instead — or possible even in addition to. Again, this is targeted, but check to see if you see a 40% off discount (capped at $50 savings) or a 30% off discounted (capped at $30 savings). The promotion link is exactly the same, so you’ll need to again check your account to see if you can enroll in the offer. The one ends slightly sooner on June 30, 2020.
This are some awesome promotions and great ways to save even more money at Amazon. Since this promotion doesn’t require a coupon code, you are also able to combine it with any codes that surface. Just remember to active the promotion and apply 1 Membership Reward point at checkout. Enjoy your discounted Amazon purchase!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.