Over the past week I’ve sent out text message alerts for some great fares to Hawaii and Costa Rica from New York, however, I wanted to ensure I highlight them on my blog as not everyone receives these text alerts (to receive text alerts read the directions in this prior post). Additionally, blogger Mommy Points wrote about some of these great fares from Miami and Dallas as well!
Flights to Hawaii:
- $465 from Newark (EWR) to Honolulu (HNL) on United Airlines. Direct and non-stop. This fare is available for returns by 12/13. Flights in 2013 are still relatively inexpensive at $579. This flight will earn you 9,924 base miles. This is like buying miles at 4.7 cents/mile, which is great!
- $420 from Miami (MIA) to Honolulu (HNL) on United Airlines. These flights have layovers in Dulles, Chicago, Houston, or Newark depending on the selected route. You can earn about 10,000 and 12,000 base miles on the round-trip flight, which is amazing!! This is about 3.8 cents/mile!
- $421 from Miami (MIA) to Honolulu (HNL) on American Airlines. These flights have quick layovers in DFW and LAX. Both flights will earn you about the same amount of miles (4,905 each way through DFW and 4,898 each way through LAX). For a total of 10,000 miles this will give you a cost per mile of .43 cents/mile!
- $397 from Dallas (DFW) to Honolulu (HNL) on American Airlines. This is a direct and non-stop flight. You will earn 7,568 base miles for a cost per mile of 5.2.
- $284 from Newark (EWR) to San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) on United Airlines. This is an amazing price for their direct, non-stop flight! Remember though, San Jose is a little further away from the beaches than Liberia airport. This fare is valid for travel dates through mid-December and over Christmas you can snag a fare for about $490 which is cheap for that holiday week. You will earn 4,402 miles round-trip. This is a decent mileage run (or just a fun trip to Costa Rica) as the cost per mile ends up at 6.5 cents/mile. For $5 you can instead select the flight through Houston earning an additional 751 miles each way.