Hilton just made an extremely customer-friendly announcement that all free night certificates will be extended. This includes all unexpired weekend night rewards as of March 11, 2020 and new ones issued through August 30, 2020. These certificates will now be extended through August 31, 2021 — you have until the end of next summer to use them!
The best part about this extension is that customers will not have to call Hilton to get their certificates extended. Hilton will automatically update the expiration date in the system, which will definitely help lessen the call volume.
Hilton has also announced that they will also make changes to status requirements (to be determined) and accounts will no longer expire if they were originally set to expire between now and May 31, 2020.
Additionally, they will also offer more flexible cancelation policies:
- Government Restrictions. In regions affected by government-issued travel restrictions, we will continue to waive change fees or offer full refunds. Please see below for the latest information on region specific travel waivers.
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as non-cancellable (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and April 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
Thank you Hilton for thinking of your customers during this time!
#1 points and miles travel credit card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining
- When you redeem your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal, you’ll receive a 25% bonus when booking airfare, hotels, car rentals, and cruises
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash (over a $100 value). Must activate within your account by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022 — 3x points in addition to the 2x points you already earn on travel
- $95 annual fee
- Apply here