With Prime Day just kicking off, there are already many ways to receive additional savings on some already discounted items. One of the best ways to do this is to use an Alexa device to add items to your cart. Even even if you do not have an Alexa product in your home, there is a great work around.
Make sure to keep up to date on the latest Amazon Prime Day deals.
Extra savings on select Amazon products
- Amazon Smart Plug: Typically $24.99, but get an extra $20 off by saying “Alexa, order an Amazon Smart Plug.” Final price = $4.99
- Alexa Smart Lighting Starter Kit: Typically $49.99, but get an extra $35 off by saying “Alexa, order an Alexa Smart Lighting Starter Kit”. Final price = $14.99
- Ring Doorbell 3: Typically $199.99, but on sale for $139.99, then get an extra $40 off ($100 in total) by saying “Alexa, order a Ring Doorbell 3”. Final price = $99
- Ring Doorbell 3+: Typically $229.99, but on sale for $159.99, then get an extra $40 off ($100 in total) by saying “Alexa, order a Ring Doorbell 3 Plus”. Final price = $129
- Blink Mini: Typically $34.99, but on sale for $24.99, then get an extra $10 off ($20 in total) by saying “Alexa, order a Blink Mini”. Final price = $14.99
Ordering through Alexa
If you do not have an Alexa product in your home, you can always download the Amazon Music app and on the bottom right corner there is an Alexa icon. Activate your voice and you are ready to add these products above to your cart.
Once you add them to your cart, you can then go back into your Amazon account and actually purchase them with the respective discount.
For example, I added the Ring Video Doorbell 3 to my cart and I see the discount right away — $40 for ordering through Alexa and another $60 since it is part of Amazon’s Deal of the Day.
While this is a great promotion allowing you to get some great products for significantly less, you are only eligible for one Alexa discount per account. So that means if you purchase the Smart Plug with the $20 discount, you are not eligible to receive $40 off the Ring Doorbell 3, as an example. But, if you have multiple Amazon accounts, you can maximize your savings by purchasing one item per account.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Prices are current as of Tuesday October 13, 2020 at 9:30pm ET.