Last week I wrote about a new Hyatt promotion where you’ll receive a 10% rebate on all points redeemed for the month of July and August. This is a great way to save some points, although it is an exclusive promotion where you must have either one of the Hyatt co-branded credit cards — the Hyatt Credit Card (no longer available to new applicants) or the World of Hyatt Credit Card. There were many questions about this promotion, so here is everything you need to know about the promotion:
1. If I do not currently have the Hyatt credit card, but apply now, will I qualify for this promotion?
Yes! As long as you are a cardmember by July 15th and register by this date, you are eligible.
- World of Hyatt Credit Card: Earn up to 50,00 — Earn 25,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months, plus an additional 25,000 bonus points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months.
2. Will Guest of Honor reservations count?
Yes! If you are making a point reservation for someone else using the Guest of Honor benefit, you’ll still receive the 10% bonus back! The Guest of Honor benefit allows those with Globalist status to book a point reservation for someone else and that reservation will still receive all the benefits of being a Globlist member.
3. Will reservations already made count for the promotion?
Yes! As long as the reservation is for travel between the eligible dates, July 1 through September 2, you’ll still receive the 10% rebate regardless of when you actually booked your stay.
4. If I have a stay that starts in June and goes through July, will that reservation be eligible for the rebate?
Sort of! Even though it is one reservation, only the dates in July (not June) will be eligible for the 10% rebate. So if you have a stay that goes from June 29 through July 4, for example, only the points redeemed from July 1-4 will receive the 10% rebate.
5. If I have a stay that starts in August, but I am checking out after September 2nd, will the nights after the promotion ends still qualify for the rebate?
Unfortunately no! Your checkout date must be by September 2nd for your entire reservation will count. If you are in that situation I suggest making two separate reservations. One for the nights that are in in July and through Sept. 2nd and then another reservation starting September 2nd through the dates you are actually staying till.
This is a great promotion and I am happy to see that Hyatt is offering it again this year. This is an excellent way to save points on an upcoming stay whether it is a free night award or a Points + Cash reservation. You’ll also receive the rebate towards room upgrades, dining and spa experiences, Exhale fitness classes and spa therapies and FIND experiences.
Unfortunately I do not have any Hyatt stays coming up this summer, so I will not be able to take advantage of this promotion. But for those spending your summer at a Hyatt property, enjoy your rebate!