Last year, Hyatt announced the acquisition of Two Roads Hospitality which includes four different brands. Thompson Hotels, Joie de Vivre Hotels and Alila properties have already been added which leaves just the Destination Hotels brand. I am personally the most excited about the Destination Hotels brand and am thrilled to see that they will start to be integrated in to the World of Hyatt program starting TODAY, Aug. 20, 2019.
8 New Properties Being Added:
While there are many Destination Hotel properties, at this time there are only 8 properties that will be added to the World of Hyatt portfolio. Hopefully by the end of the year we will be notified of more additions, although unfortunately not all properties will move over to Hyatt.
Added August 20, 2019:
- Quirk Hotel – Richmond, Virginia (category 3)
- Motif Seattle – Seattle, Washington (category 4)
- Tempe Mission Palms Hotel & Conference Center – Tempe, Arizona (category 3)
- The Carolina Inn – Chapel Hill, North Carolina (category 3)
Added August 21, 2019:
- The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch – Scottsdale, Arizona (category 3)
- Rizzo Center – Chapel Hill, North Carolina (category 3)
Added September 10, 2019:
- The Elms Hotel & Spa – Excelsior Springs, Missouri (category 2)
- Hotel De Anza – San Jose, California (category 4)
I personally think the categories are extremely reasonable and quite surprised how low they are. The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch is only pricing out at a category 3, which means you only need to redeem 12,000 World of Hyatt points for a free night or you can use your free night certificate from the World of Hyatt Credit Card. This property is right down the road from the existing Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch, which requires 20,000 World of Hyatt points a night. So quite a difference!
New Properties, New Promotions
Hyatt is also offering members an opportunity to earn bonus points by staying at not only one of the Destination Hotel properties mentioned above, but any of the four Two Road Hospitality properties. You’ll earn 2,000 bonus points during your first qualifying stay at each of the new brands, up to 8,000 bonus points. Additionally, if you are able to stay at one property within each of the four brands, you’ll earn a free night stay (category 1-4 hotel). This promotion expires December 31, 2019.
On top of the bonus points on your first stay, those who pay with their Hyatt credit card will earn additional bonus points. At any of the these four brands, you’ll earn:
- New World of Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 4x Bonus Points (that is a total of 13x points + any bonus points for those with status)
- Old Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 3x Bonus Points
This is a great addition to the Hyatt brand. I really am excited to see the rest of the Destination Hotel properties added as there are some that definitely on my list to visit.
Which properties are you looking forward to?