Marriott just revealed this year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals and in my opinion, it is better than what we’ve seen in the past.
Marriott gift card discount
While there are a few different deals to be had, my absolute favorite one is the opportunity to purchase Marriott gift cards with a 15% discount. If you are staying at home now, for obvious reasons, this allow you to purchase a discounted gift card now to use way in the future.
This is a two-day only sale that will launch on Cyber Monday â€” so you can’t purchase the gift card just yet â€” and end on Dec. 1, 2020.
Now, this promotion is not nearly as good as the promotion we saw this past spring, where you’d receive a 20% discount, but it is still something. Especially if you know of an upcoming stay.
And there are somethings you should know when it comes to Marriott eGift cards:
- If you are booking a pre-paid rate you will not be able to use Marriott Gift Cards as your payment method. Marriott eGift cards can only be redeemed at the property during check-out.
- Iâ€™ve never found the exchange rate to be favorable when using hotel gift cards internationally â€” most likely you will lose some value.
- If you have a stay booked on points, you can still use the gift certificate for other incidentals on your bill, such as dining charges, spa, etc.
- The gift certificates do not expire.
25% discount on stays
For starters, they are offering members to receive a 25% discount for stays booked Nov. 24 through Nov. 30, for travel through Jan, 3, 2021. This is through their “Marriott Escapes” which usually offers discounted pricing at select properties, but for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, they are including more than 5,000 properties throughout US, Canada, the Caribbean and Latin America. In past years, I typically do not find that these discounted prices are anything suburb, but you never know.
15% discount on home rentals
You’ll also be able to save up to 15% by booking a home rental throughÂ Homes & Villas by Marriott International. This is essentially Marriott’s own high-end Airbnb where all homes are professionally managed, cleaned and meet certain standards. You can also redeem or earn Marriott Bonvoy points with your rental. There are more than 14,000 homes in 240 destinations across the United States, Europe, South Africa (Cape Town), Mexico, the Caribbean and Latin America. The Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions include:
- Last Minute Stays: Through November 29, take up to 15% off for stays checking in within in 10 days of booking. Guests must check-out, on or before December 20.
- Cyber Monday Sale: November 30 â€“ December 2, receive 10% off sitewide on all bookings.
- Best of 2020 Promotion: December 8 â€“ December 31, receive 10% off some of the most popular destinations for stays starting after January 1, 2021.
These offers are much better than what we’ve seen in the past during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Typically, it is just savings at select hotels and I always wonder if you are actually getting aÂ realÂ savings. With the 15% discount on gift cards added, it is one of the better Black Friday deals as of now, especially with many folks not booking travel right now.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.