This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Originally the double points and TQP points promotion was to end today, but has been extended through June 15, 2013 – which is great! Here is the Southwest site announcing it and giving you the link to register.
The two promotions include:
- Double points on ALL Southwest flights you take! With this promotion you will earn the following points:
- Wanna Get Away Fares: 12 points per dollar spent (instead of 6 points)
- Anytime Fares: 20 points per dollar spent (instead of 10 points)
- Business Select Fares: 24 points per dollar spent (instead of 12 points)
- Double Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs) on all flights you take! TQPs help you earn Southwest status on revenue flights only. You must earn the following TQPs in a calender year:
- A-List Status: Must earn 35,000 TQPs or 25 qualifying one-way flights in a calendar year – this will get you priority boarding, priority check-in, standby priority, and 25% bonus on all points earned
- A-List Preferred Status: Must earn 70,000 TQPs or 50 qualifying one-way flights in a calendar year – this will get you all the benefits of regular A-List status members, flight free in-flight WiFi and a 100% bonus on all points earned
If you’ve already registered for this promotion, you will be automatically enrolled, and no new registration is needed. Now, the terms are a bit conflicting in if you’ll receive the points if you booked travel before registering. There are three different T&C listed, and I have a feeling if they are all referring to the three different promotions that kept on replacing the old promotion. The first one states: “Registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel.” While the second one states, “registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations only.” With most Southwest promotions you must have registered for the promotion PRIOR TO making the reservation, but with this extension I am not 100% sure. I’ll see what I can find out from Southwest.
Let me know if you have any questions! I know many have Memorial Day travel reserved, so this will essentially give you a 20% rebate in points back on your flight (assuming a Wanna Getaway fare).
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.