HOT OFF THE PRESS! Southwest will be flying to Hawaii on march 17th! And the best part is that fares are pricing out at just $49 one way or just 1,950 Southwest Rapid Reward points! As of right now, you’ll see flights available between Oakland (OAK) and San Jose (SJC) TO/FROM Maui (OGG) and Honolulu (HNL). Eventually we will see Kauai (LIH) and The Big Island (KOA) for sale as well. There is also intra-island routes available too!
I might be biased by this excitement as I am a HUGE Southwest fan, but this really is great overall. First off, this allows more flight options and might also keep other carrier’s prices down. Best of all, you can use the amazing Southwest Companion Pass! This means you can fly BOGO to Hawaii!
- Flights from Oakland (OAK) to Oahu (HNL) start March 17th
- Flights from Oakland (OAK) to Maui (OGG) start April 7th
- San Jose (SJC) to Oahu (HNL) start May 5th
- San Jose (SJC) to Maui (OGG) start May 26th
- Intra-island flights between Maui (OGG) and Oahu HNL start April 28th
- Intra-island flights between Oahu (HNL) and The Big Island (KOA) start May 12th
- Intra-island flights between Maui (OGG) and The Big Island (KOA) start May 12th
While the non-stop flights are just between Oakland and San Jose, you can fly from many other parts of the country, just with one or two layovers. I was even able to find flights from Providence (my neck of the woods) on very select dates, although prices were not very competitive.
I’ll write more about this news later today, but I wanted to get this out ASAP so you can all jump on these incredibly low prices NOW! As of right now, you can book Southwest flights through October 1, 2019.
Comment below if you were able to snag a cheap cheap fare!