If you are a Citi Thank You cardmember, your Prime Day shopping just got a little it better. A new promotion was launched where you could possibly get $20 off your next Amazon purchase of $50 or more simply by using your Thank You points. Like many other Amazon promotions, this is a targeted offer, so you’ll have to check your eligibility and make your purchase by June 22, 2021.
To be eligible for this promotion, you’ll need to add your Citi Thank You point earning credit card to your Amazon account. If it has not been added in the past, it could take up to 24-hours for the promotion to show up in your account — so check back tomorrow if it says you are not currently eligible.
You’ll then have to add $50 or more in items sold and shipped by Amazon for the discount to appear. Unfortunately, products sold by a third-party merchant will not be eligible, although most merchant gift cards are eligible (just not Amazon.com gift cards).
During the checkout process, you just need to use 1 Citi ThankYou point towards your purchase. Just enter “0.01” where it says “Apply Citi ThankYou Points.” You do not want to use more points towards your purchase as they are worse less when redeeming on Amazon.
Save more with additional credit cards
Even if you are not eligible for this offer — or even if you are — there are many more opportunities to save with other credit cards you might have in your wallet. Similar promotions exist for American Express Membership Reward cardmembers, Chase Ultimate Reward cardmembers and Discover cardmembers.
American Express cardmember promotions
- Get up to 50% off, up to a maximum of $60 savings — expires June 30, 2021
Chase cardmember promotions
- Get 50% off, up to $10, $15 or $20 off — expires June 22, 2021
Discover cardmember promotions
- Get up to $30 off — expires June 30, 2021
- Get $10 off by adding your Discover card to your Amazon account and use promo code DISCOVER10 at checkout — expires June 30, 2021
- Get $20 off by adding your Discover card to your Amazon account and use promo code DISCOVERPD at checkout — expires June 22, 2021
With Prime Day starting tomorrow and some early access deals already released, these are some great ways to save even more money this month.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself BackSM, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thank you for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!