I started this blog in 2011 and for the past nine years have given readers some great advice on how to travel on a deal. I get excited about amazing travel deals — not just for myself but for others too. Travel makes me happy. It makes my family happily. It is a huge part of our lives. But for now, life has taken a slight pause.
Despite the many Coronavirus travel deals out there, right now is not the time to travel. It is not the time to care about these deals. It is not the time to get on a plane. It is outright not socially responsible. In any other times in our life, if I knew my kids had an unexpected three weeks off from school, my family would be on the first plane to somewhere warm and fun. But right now, we are not traveling. We are not jumping on the deals. We are not jetting off to Cancun or Aruba, or any other island to soak up the sun. Travel will always be around in the future — it is not going anywhere. And I say this from someone who will probably be canceling two huge trips that have been on the calendar for close to a year.
Instead, my family is staying put, being part of the solution to “flatten the curve” and trying to figure out this whole homeschool thing. It is definitely not going to be easy — from an emotional, mental and educational standpoint. And since being mom, and now teacher, is my No. 1 priority, unfortunately you might see me blogging even less over the next few weeks.
This also means I will not be posting about any travel deals that are taking place right now; only travel deals that are at least 6+ weeks out at a minimum. I absolutely cannot advocate others to travel if I do not currently believe in it.
Stay healthy and be responsible. And work now on accruing points and miles for a fabulous vacation in the future!
Oh, and if you have any fun ways to keep a 3 and 6 year old entertained, I am all ears.
#1 points and miles travel credit card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining
- When you redeem your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal, you’ll receive a 25% bonus when booking airfare, hotels, car rentals, and cruises
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash (over a $100 value). Must activate within your account by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022 — 3x points in addition to the 2x points you already earn on travel
- $95 annual fee
- Apply here