Back in July I wrote about an amazing way to save $80 at Amazon by stacking a few different promotions that were being run at the same time. While 2 of those offers are expired, there is still one that is going strong and will allow you to save $25 off a $50 or more purchase. The only caveat is that you must use 1 Amex Membership Reward point towards your purchase. This might be a targeted offer.
Steps to take advantage:
- Link your American Express card to your Amazon account here.
- Go to this Amazon page and see if you are eligible. If so, click the yellow “Click here to qualify” button.
- Shop at Amazon.com and add $50 worth of products (which must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com) to your Shopping card. Many merchant gift cards work as well, so you can go ahead and search for merchant gift cards here.
- On the payment page, select your linked Membership Rewards earning credit card. At the bottom of the payment page you’ll see all your linked accounts where you can use points (Chase and Amex). Select your American Express Membership Rewards Points account and enter the number of points you want to use towards your purchase. Since I do not like redeeming my points at Amazon (due to the low redemption value), I entered just 1 cent which means 1 point will be applied. For the promotion to apply, the minimum amount required is only 1 point! Do not do full points as it is not a good value!
- On the checkout page, you’ll see the 1 point applied and the $25 taken off. No promotion code needed!
It states that the coupon is valid through December 31, 2017 or until 80,000 people redeem the coupon. While this will most likely still be around for quite some time, you might as well just apply the coupon code sooner then later so you do not miss out, or do not forget!